Highway on my podcast (HOMP) was one of the by-product of COVID-19 lockdown in 2020, an initiative by pioneers of travel show - Rocky and Mayur along with show's director Abhinandan and cameraman Prashant. The podcast was go to channel for me during lockdown period. One of the interesting aspect of the podcast was encouraging listeners to share their personal experiences over email and which were read out in various episodes.
Below is the email which I had shared with the team and which was read out in Diu/Daman episode.
Hi Abhinandan, Rocky, Mayur & Prashant,
- Pav Bhaji at Supreme Corner, JM Road, Pune - it was during the demonetisation period and I had 3 hundred rupee notes in my pocket. One of which was utilized at this hotel :)
- Kotte Kadabu at Cafe Mysore, Mathunga, Mumbai
- Karela Pyaz + Butter Chapathi at Bhagat Tarachand, Vashi, Navi Mumbai
- Aloo Paratha+Chai at a roadside restaurant at Orchha.
- Veg Thukpa at a canteen next to Rumtek Monastery, Sikkim
- Gujarati Thali with Bajra roti at low-brow restaurant at Bachou (on the way to Bhuj, photograph below)
- A cup of cardamom tea at Singhik - North Sikkim with a magnificent view of Teestha River Valley
- Kachori - Chai at a tela in central Jaipur during early morning winters
- Jigarthanda at Besantnagar beach Chennai
- Gudbud at Diana Hotel, Udupi
- and Hot Idly, Dosas with chutney at any darshani in Bengaluru :)
- Sadarji's hotel near Assembly house, Lucknow
- Sharma Dhabha, Jaipur
- Rajma Chawal at Pahalgam
- Radha Paratha House, Porbandar
- Seva Cafe, Ahmedabad
- Lee's Kitchen, Uttarakhand
- Durga Mantap, Bhuvaneshwar
- Sharma Vaishno Dhaba - near Chel, Himachal
- <many more>