It was an engrossing trip of 10 days executed in the month of June-2011. Infact, the planning phase started 4-5 months advance. Here's our itinerary in brief, I hope it will helpful in planning your Ladakh trips.
Day-0: 16th June 2011
- Depature from Bangalore and Arrival at Terminal-1 Delhi
- Overnight stay at Terminal T3
Day-1: 17th June 2011
- Morning flight from Delhi to Leh
- Started the acclimatization process by resting whole afternoon.
- Evening visit to Shanti Stupa. Enjoyed and captured dynamic landscapes.
- Visited Leh Palace very late in evening.
- Night dinner at a high frill restaurant which had a free WiFi.
Day-2: 18th June 2011
- Visit to Hemis Monastery, witnessed lamas pratcising for events for an upcoming festival.
- Had a glance at Shey School(featured in 3 idiots) from outside and visited Stok Palace and Sindhu Ghat
- Traveled to west of Leh to see confluence Indus and Zanskar rivers and witness miracle of Magnetic hill
Day-3: 19th June 2011
- Started the ride towards Nubra Valley and passed thru the highest motorable road Khardungla pass which is at a height of 18380 feet.
- Continued journey through Nubra, Shyok Valley - Great Canyon of idea.
- Brief visit to Panamic where civilians can get best view of Siachen glacier - world's highest battlefield.
- Hiked for 15 minutes to reach a hidden lake by name Yarab Tso
- Overnight stay at Diskit.
Day-4: 20th June 2011
- Visited Hunder Sand Dunes early in morning and witnessed endangered double humped bacterian camels at the same place.
- Drive back to Leh via Khardungla
- Passed the time in evening by doing window shopping at Leh market
Day-5: 21st June 2011
- Started the journey towards Pangong Tso.
- Visited Thiksey Monastery on the way
- Reached Pangong late in evening i.e. around 6 pm.
- Overnight stay at Merak
Day-6: 22nd June 2011
- Started Ride towards Tso Moriri
- Brief stopover at Rezang La 1962 War Memorial.
- Reached Tso Moriri early in evening.
- Overnight stay at Karzok.
Day-7: 23rd June 2011
- Started Ride towards Manali
- On the way visited Tso Kar but due to bad timing the lake didn't look that impressive
- Passed through Pang - world's highest army transit camp
- Witnessed impressive landscape after Pang and crossed J&K border
- Overnight stay at Sarchu in a tented accommodation
Day-8: 24th June 2011
- Continued journey towards Manali
- Brief stopover besides Surajtaal lake
- Dropped the plan of Chandratal lake as the roads leading to the lake were closed ( may be it was cooked up by drivers )
- Took five hours to cross Rohtang Pass, terrible traffic jam !
- Overnight stay at Manali after marathon accommodation search for two hours.
Day-9: 25th June 2011
- Visited Gurudwara and Shiva Temple at Manikaran
- Had a brief stopover at Kazol in evening and partially witnessed the activities for which the place is renowned :)
Day-10: 26th June 2011
- Cancelled plans of local sightseeing due to rains
- Departed from Manali towards by taking 6.00 pm bus
Day-11: 27th June 2011
- Arrived in Delhi after 16 hours taxing journey. The distance was just 570 kms.
- Stayed at YHAI hostel Chanakyapuri
- Took an evening flight from Delhi
- Back in Bangalore to concluding the dream trip.
If you have any queries in specific please post a comment here or send me an email at email@example.com